Aberfoyle Hub Primary School/Aberfoyle Park High School Pedal Prix Team, the Hubcaps Racing Team, boast a proud history.
In competition for 25 years, they have been National Champions in the Human Powered Vehicle Super Series in both Category 1 and 2 many times with many other podium finishes as well.
Participation for all is a primary aim, with team placements available for all sporting abilities and also students with disabilities.
Students need to be committed to regular training as they work to improve their fitness and enjoy the team spirit that belonging to the Hubcaps brings.
- Team spirit
- Persistence and commitment
- Confidence and self esteem
- Healthy lifestyles/ fitness
- Community spirit
- Families involvement
- All inclusive – effort
- High school links
- School pride
- From the rider and parent & family
- Training (fitness training each Thursday morning before school)
- Fundraising (Bunnings BBQ etc.)
- Bike Maintenance
- Rider Organisation
- Cooking/ Food preparation (Murray Bridge race only)
Generally, the Hubcaps Racing Team competes in the following events with all races normally occurring on a Saturday or Sunday:
- Tailem Bend (6 hrs): Saturday 20/05/2023
- Adelaide/Victoria Park (TBA): Friday 16/06/2023
- Tailem Bend (8 hrs): Saturday 05/08/2023
- Murray Bridge (24 hrs): Saturday/Sunday 16/09/2023 – 17/09/2023
Please note that the HPV series can vary year to year. This is a guide only. The schedule is generally released towards the start of each year.
If you require any further information, please contact Brad Walters (firstname.lastname@example.org)